The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation invests donations and grants into a number of effective programmes designed to support New Zealanders recovering or living with breast cancer. The Foundation needs to fundraise every year to help maintain and grow these community services in addition to funding its breast cancer education and research programmes.
Programmes which the NZBCF financially support include:
- mybc is an online community for New Zealanders affected by breast cancer. We created mybc to give you a place to connect, share knowledge and celebrate milestones with a community of people who understand what you're going through. Around 3000 women and 20 men are diagnosed with breast cancer in New Zealand every year, so no one should feel like they're going through this experience alone. Find out more
- An 0800 support line where women and their families can talk to a Specialist Breast Cancer Nurse (0800 2268 773)
- Free counselling
for anyone with breast cancer - 3 individual sessions with a qualified counsellor anywhere in New Zealand, subject to a medical referral.
- PINC Next Steps - A nationwide rehabilitative group exercise programme targeted at people who wish to regain strength and confidence AFTER treatment for breast cancer.
- PINC physio - for women DURING breast cancer treatment with funding for up to five individual sessions with a qualified Cancer Rehab Physiotherapist.
- Dragon Boating – Fitness and networking activity for breast cancer survivors.
- Lymphoedema NZ - A website/online resource which assists people with this debilitating condition which can arise following breast cancer surgery.
- Funding for local breast cancer organisations which support women in the community.